pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Regex in pan?

From: Gordon Speedman
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Regex in pan?
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 14:30:18 -0800

One more question about regex rules: in what order and how are they processed?

For example, let's say I'm trying to sort numbers into 4 categories:
positive even, positive odd, negative even, negative odd.

First approach would be define something like -[0-9]*[02468] for negative even.

Second approach would be to define rule to sort them into positive and
negative piles, then another rule to sort them into even & odd. Does
the second way work in Pan?