pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] attachments in Pan to Usenet

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] attachments in Pan to Usenet
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:15:52 +0000 (UTC)

Heinrich Müller posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 19:11:12 +0100 as excerpted:

> Am 30.01.2013 17:38, schrieb Cipher Cipher:
>> At: http://pan.rebelbase.com/features/
>>
>> I read:
>>
>> /It's good for Uploading Content to Usenet.
>> Files can be attached to a Usenet article and are automatically
>> yEnc-encrypted, threaded and referenced by Pan./
>>
>> Yet I don't see any mention of how to do this in the manual, and in
>> Pan,
>> I do not see any menu for this.
>> I have seen forum posts where it is stated that Pan doesn't do
>> attachments.
>>

> Hi.
> Use the Post Dialog, to the right you'll see a plus sign, this is for
> adding attachments.

In addition to Heinrich telling you /where/ to look, knowing /when/ to
look could be useful too. =:^)

I didn't see you mention what version you're running, and checked your
post's headers without any luck either (many here post using pan and
gmane.org's list2news service for this list/group, in which case the
headers would have the pan version, as mine do =:^), so don't know what
version you're running.

However, that feature /is/ fairly new, within the last year (since 0.136
or so, you obviously know how to get to the site and once there,
presumably how to check the changelog if it's critical information for
you, since you posted the URL) or so, so if you're running a distro with
an old and creaky pan, you likely don't have that feature in what they
supplied, yet.  You may need to either build and install from sources, or
find a current version to install.

Which of course explains why you're still coming across forum posts
saying pan doesn't have the feature.  They had a decade to write posts
like that, and have only had a year to mention the current state, so it's
likely the old/stale data still predominates.