pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Making Pan behave like OE/Windows Mail

From: David WE Roberts
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Making Pan behave like OE/Windows Mail
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 17:29:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 06:23:13 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> David WE Roberts posted on Fri, 01 Feb 2013 20:41:10 +0000 as excerpted:
>
>> Something that I still find counter-intuitive but at least now I can
>> get the result I was seeking.
>
> Very cool. =:^)  And I learned that it keeps secondary sort direction
> separate from primary sort direction, too. =:^)
>
> I still don't see what's particularly unintuitive about it, but I'm
> willing to accept that maybe I was simply introduced to the concepts
> with sorts that were easier to follow, or perhaps due to having some
> basic computer coding experience (tho I don't claim to /be/ a coder) I'm
> simply used to thinking in computer logic terms, such that it just seems
> more intuitive to me than to others without that sort of background.
> Whatever.

Ummm....actually I do have a little coding experience myself although it
wasn't my main job for most of my long career in IT.

Still struggling conceptually because if I move between groups I have to
sort again each time I come back to the group - three mouse clicks each
time to get back to where I was.

It may be through long association but I find the behaviour of the OE
newsreader in this particular scenario much easier to use and more stable
as I move between different NGs.

Anyway I now know a way to get round what was the main downside of Pan for
me and can focus on the good bits.

Cheers

Dave R