pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Unrecognized responses when using compression

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Unrecognized responses when using compression
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 01:45:05 +0000 (UTC)

Chris Gentle posted on Mon, 04 Feb 2013 15:43:35 -0600 as excerpted:

> I've been testing out the latest compressed header fixes and I've been
> noticing this in the Pan event log:
>
> Mon Feb  4 15:35:29 2013 - Sending "XOVER 1272702944-1272712944^M " to
> news.supernews.com returned an unrecognized response:
>
> This is followed by a string of binary garbage characters, probably
> something compressed.  The headers seem to retrieve but the event log
> gives the big red error icon.  Is something that others are seeing as
> well?

The compressed headers feature is still new and bugs are still being
worked thru.  As such, such issues are reasonably common.

I'm not sure what the current supernews status is, but if you have the
time and motivation (and ideally can handle doing your own patching as
well, but that's not mandatory, tho it should help things move faster) to
do some debugging, it's quite possible Heinrich could use your assistance
getting the compressed headers feature working well with that particular
provider.