pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan broken on Ubuntu Raring?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan broken on Ubuntu Raring?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 22:49:10 +0000 (UTC)

Dominique Dumont posted on Sun, 19 May 2013 17:54:55 +0200 as excerpted:

>> As a result, I believe Debian shipped with the SSL support turned off
>> for a bit for legal reasons, and Ubuntu being a Debian downstream may
>> well have done the same.
>
> SSL support is still off. I'll put back SSL support once gnutls with
> lgpl2.1 license is updated on Debian unstable.

Thanks for the confirmation and the license vigilance.  Debian does a
great service for other distros and upstream apps (like pan) as well in
that regard, and it's definitely appreciated. =:^)

Do you know:

1) Was the license revert to lgpl2.1 made retroactive, covering "gap"
versions as well, even tho they initially shipped with the incompatible
higher version license, or does that gap in compatibility remain, for
affected versions?

2) Can you (or others reading that use pan-0.139 or live-git with gntls/
ssl/tls support turned off) confirm that as I had guessed, the security
section at the bottom of the server config dialog disappears if gnutls
support it turned off at compile time, thus making checking for that in
the GUI an easy way for normal users to check whether they have that
support builtin or not?