pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan has stopped working...

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan has stopped working...
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 05:15:29 +0000 (UTC)

Bruce Bowler posted on Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:57:27 +0000 as excerpted:

> Win 7 pro, Pan 0.139.
>
> If I edit>>edit preferences>>actions and set "mark articles as read
> scoring at" to "-9998 to -1", when I click OK, windows pops up a message
> that say "pan newsreader has stopped working" and the only option is to
> shut pan down.
>
> Any ideas?

No ideas for fixing it, but I can confirm that doing the same thing here
on gentoo-linux with git-pan (the headers show the commit), certainly
doesn't kill pan, or I'd not be replying since I just did it (from all
actions disabled, previously).

I haven't used scoring much in years (since my ISP killed its news
servers), so I can't confirm that the action actually works, but it
certainly hasn't crashed or frozen up pan.

So whatever you're seeing, I'm not able to confirm it here, but there
will be enough differences between platforms, libraries, and pan version,
to make tracking it down from just that rather difficult, tho at least
you know it's not doing that for everyone, now.