pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.139 refuses to start!

From: Maurice Batey
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.139 refuses to start!
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 16:59:52 +0100

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 08:40:08 +0000, Duncan wrote:

>  I /believe/ canberra is the gtk sound event module.

   I suspect the 'canberra-gt*" warning is a red herring; I was probably
getting that (but not seeing it) when starting Pan from the system icon.

The reason I say that is because I have tried Pan on a 'junk' user on the
system. (Copied my .pan2 directory over, and chown'ed the permissions.)
   Pan did start with it, even though the 'canberra' warning stilll
appeared first.

    So, why is Pan  being difficult for me but not for 'junk'?

I've done an 'strace -o strace.txt pan', the output from which can be
seen here:

   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10969499/strace.txt

If anyone has time to look and can see a possible explanation I would be
a very happy bunny...

Meanwhile I'm back here on Mageia-2...

Regards,
--