pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan core-dumps on startup

From: Heinrich Müller
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan core-dumps on startup
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 06:50:40 +0200

Am 14.07.2013 23:40, schrieb Duncan:
John Aldrich posted on Sun, 14 Jul 2013 16:30:05 -0400 as excerpted:

On Sun July 14 2013 7:53:33 PM Heinrich Müller wrote:
try deleting your .pan2 folder and try again.

Thanks, Heinrich. Apparently something got FUBARed in my config file and
(in this case) renaming the folder removed the bad file from where it
was expected and caused a new one to be created, resolving the problem!
:D
There have been several reports of a corrupt tasks.nzb file triggering
crashes/coredumps.  Since you renamed the directory, if you haven't
deleted it yet, try restoring it and just moving/renaming the tasks.nzb
file.  If that's it, it'll save the rest of your config, as well as
confirm that file as a problem trigger once again.

Yes, but I encountered that bug several times now. It's kind of hard to fix, though, but feel free to file a bug ticket.