pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] has the ssl problem with Pan been fixed (see message)

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] has the ssl problem with Pan been fixed (see message)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:31:07 +0000 (UTC)

bob posted on Wed, 20 Nov 2013 06:46:28 +0000 as excerpted:

> Burned my Home partition copy to a BD-R or two, this time.  I have 37
> gig or so just in my Music folder.....

FWIW, I keep a separate multi-media partition for music/images/video.
That keeps /home, with the user configuration I start X/kde with, small
enough to put on the more expensive but *MUCH* faster pair of ssds in
btrfs raid1 mode, along with the system partition, also on the ssds in
btrfs raid1 mode.  That makes booting and starting X/kde *MUCH* faster
than it'd be on spinning rust.

The big media partition, however, remains reiserfs, on far less expensive
if also far slower spinning rust.  Because btrfs is still experimental, I
keep tested bootable backups of / and /home in reiserfs on spinning rust,
as well.