pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan on Ubuntu 14.04

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan on Ubuntu 14.04
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 01:54:11 +0000 (UTC)

Dominique Dumont posted on Thu, 01 May 2014 15:55:30 +0200 as excerpted:

> On Wednesday 23 April 2014 12:58:40 Chris Gentle wrote:
>> So what's up with that?  I was really hoping this would be "fixed"
>> since this is an LTS release.
>
> Licenses issues with tls and gmp are now resolved. I've uploaded pan
> 0.139-3 to Debian with tls/ssl support.
>
> This new version should eventually land in Ubuntu.

FWIW, thanks very much to you and to Debian for caring about such things,
and for bringing it to our attention here at your pan upstream as well.
It's the efforts of people like you that care, that help preserve the
free software rights we all enjoy. =:^)

Meanwhile, I'm glad the issues were found and resolved.  They were a bit
of a pain, but some of us /do/ care. =:^)

If I didn't care, after nearly a decade on MS it would have been much
simpler for me to simply stay on servantware, but roughly a decade and a
third later I've never regretted getting out of that servitude for one
moment, and because I really do value my software freedom, I really
/really/ value the work of those who help to keep it free! =:^)