pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New Win32 build available

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New Win32 build available
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 21:10:53 +0000

On Tue Nov 11 2014 at 14:08:20 Andrew Nile <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Steve,

Thanks for this. The link for pan-0.140.214.msi on your site points to
pan-0.140.213.msi which confused me at first!

Would it be OK if I e-mailed you with a few questions about your build process?

Andrew

Hi,

Thanks for spotting the link issue - Hopefully now fixed.

Sure you can ask about the build process, but 99.9% of it is based on the README.win32 file that comes with the standard Pan distribution. A process I went through once a long time ago, and then repeat parts of about once every 2 to 3 years to try and update the build environment.

Beyond that I applied a bit of knowledge about GIT, autoconf, automake, autogen, and did lots of random stabbing about. I am actually a programmer who is far happier with Linux and gcc/g++, but I needed a Windows build, and mingw is not too far of a stretch.

The MSI packaging is fairly simple. Once you've worked out (guessed) where Winblows expects to find all the files, "Advanced Installer" does most of the work, and is free for Open Source / Non-Commercial projects.

Cheers,
Steve