pan-users

[Pan-users] Response to helpful suggestions from way back

From: Max
Subject: [Pan-users] Response to helpful suggestions from way back
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 02:31:17 -0700

My request, posted 1/22/2015, was "How best to get PAN running on anything I own - I'm at a dead end (Max S.)"

I got a number of great suggestions. I finally realized, through weird behavior of some other software I had, that it was a lot of junk HP had put on my machine that seemed to interfere.

I returned the machine, which took weeks to accomplish after countless hours with "tech support" and escalated tech and customer service.

Built a new Wintel from scratch, with Windows 8.1 (i.e., no bloatware) and voila! PAN is running great. Before, I couldn't even get it to start!

So, I want to thank: Alan Taylor, Ben Friedman, and Duncan for their input. All of it helped.

Regards to the community - Max