pan-users

[Pan-users] Deprecated g_atexit()

From: Detlef Graef
Subject: [Pan-users] Deprecated g_atexit()
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:34:40 +0200

Hi,

sorry for posting this again, but some of the subscribers may not have
received this mail because of this:

A few weeks ago Yahoo has applied the strict DMARC policy to the
yahoo.de domain too. Until some weeks ago it wasn't a problem to post
from the yahoo.de domain to mailing lists, including this. I hope this
problem is now fixed by changing my e-mail address.

This was the primary mail:

I would like to remove the deprecated g_atexit() calls from Pan.

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/docs/latest/glib/glib-Miscellaneous-Utility-Functions.html#g-atexit

Heinrich Müller has applied a patch for this some time ago:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/pan2/commit/?id=f7d917d4cbecab754b6cb6cb032fbd0705896e90

but was removed shortly after:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/pan2/commit/?id=d9f90f9e3d97ddd5be0f17520bfb387c53a6b5ac

On the basis of the commit message ("leave g_atexit in for now") it
seems it was not removed because of a problem.

I've applied the patch again, (manually, because the source was modified
meanwhile) and tested it several days without any problem.

Maybe someone may have a look at this patch too, if they are any obvious
problems?

Thanks for any feedback.

Detlef