pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Desist from Muting -- How??

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Desist from Muting -- How??
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 02:29:00 +0000 (UTC)

Beartooth posted on Sat, 20 Aug 2016 18:21:01 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 06:45:53 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>
>>> Do you mean in the shortcuts?
>>>
>>> The default is 'q'.
>
>       I don't understand "in the shortcuts" -- what shortcuts?
>
>> ... and the function is a toggle, so with muting on and default
>> keyboard accelerators in place, hitting 'q' once with the main window
>> in focus should toggle quoted text muting off, while if it's off,
>> hitting the same 'q' once will turn it on.
>
>       "Main window"?? "in focus"?? (Maybe senility is gaining on me.)

Pan's main window... as opposed to the compose article window, or the
tasks monitor window, or the log window, or the pan preferences or server
settings dialog windows...

And that main pan window should be in focus -- the one your keyboard
input is going to.  If some other window, perhaps the desktop root window
itself, or a window from some other app, or one of the other pan windows
mentioned above, has the focus, of course pan won't toggle quote-muting
when you hit "q", because that "q" will be sent to that other window and
it'll process it, instead of the key being processed by the pan main
window.

IOW, hitting "q" in the pan compose window won't do it, because then
it'll simply add a "q" to the message in the compose window.  Similarly
for other windows, they'd process it instead of the pan main window, and
do whatever they do with a "q".