pan-users

[Pan-users] Segfault at exit

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Segfault at exit
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 23:23:09 +0000 (UTC)

As I prepare to take some time off work over the holidays, I thought I
might try to track down a minor issue that's been bugging me for a little
bit now - when I exit Pan, I get a segfault, and it appears to happen at
a time that stops the app from writing all of its "last read" information
out.

It's been happening for a while now, with various builds, using the data
I have right now.  I'm guessing that the issue isn't a code bug, but
rather something wrong in my data files.  I'd rather not recreate my
config from scratch, so I'm trying to track down the problematic config
file so I can fix it.

Call it a "foxhunt" if you like. Something of a puzzle to be solved. :)

I built a debug build and did a backtrace in gdb, and it points to pan.cc
line 1140.  That seems to tie to the process of freeing up secured
passwords in memory, so I thought it might be something in servers.xml,
but I don't see anything obvious in that file that's a problem (other
than perhaps a missing CR/LF at the end of the file, but I tried adding
that and the behavior didn't change).

Any ideas on where I should start?

Jim
--