pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] delete deleted groups?

From: David Melik
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] delete deleted groups?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:32:20 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:23:13 +0000, David Melik wrote:
> I'd subscribed to several old Usenet alt.* groups now apparently deleted
> from the newsserver (Eternal September)... can't Pan delete deleted
> groups when the groups list is refreshed, or is there at least another
> option?

Okay, I was wrong, just forgot you can't put a space in a list of
multiple groups to post to.  Maybe alt.* doesn't get deleted.  That
server deleted one of the soc.* groups in the main official list.  In
relation to this topic, where is that list now... on some FTP site? (I
recall)  I.e., the list of groups closest to what the majority of
newsservers carry (since most omit some alt.*, or some they don't think
were created right, or they may carry others that most servers deleted.)