pan-users

[Pan-users] Problems with pan installations

From: Dieter Britz
Subject: [Pan-users] Problems with pan installations
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 14:12:33 +0200

I have two computers on which I have installed pan, one at work,
Ubuntu 1604 and one at home, Kubuntu 18.04. After I install pan
I then trpy in the newsgroups I want to subscribe to, and subscribe.

One problem is with alt.os.linux.ubuntu. It works on both machines
but a posting to it from one machine does not appear on the other.

Another problem I have here at home is that some ngs work OK,
but others, which work at work, do not. E.g. dk.kultur.sprog; It
shows in a pale font, and every time I click on it, I am asked to
get the new headers, but when I do, I do not get any postings.
But other ngs work. What is special about these ngs that show
pale?

--
Hilsen / Regards
Dieter