pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] segmentation fault trying to use Pan 0.146:my LOCALE set

From: Per Hedeland
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] segmentation fault trying to use Pan 0.146:my LOCALE settings
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 16:22:02 +0100

On 2019-12-01 16:02, Rhialto wrote:
On Sun 01 Dec 2019 at 15:46:41 +0100, Julien Michielsen wrote:
my locale, would anyone be able to see something that is not accepted
by pan?

LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8@euro
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="C"
LC_NUMERIC="C"
LC_TIME="C"
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_MONETARY="C"
LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_PAPER="C"
LC_NAME="C"
LC_ADDRESS="C"
LC_TELEPHONE="C"
LC_MEASUREMENT="C"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="C"
LC_ALL=C

Looks very much like https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pan/issues/1 .
I'm pretty sure I had a similar bug report but I can't find it right
now.

Yes, seems like exactly the same problem, just occuring at a slightly
different place in the code (i.e. when calling strstr() rather than
strftime()). I heartily agree with the suggestion of Rhialto and
others in that thread: back out the change that replaced perfectly
good ascii characters with Unicode/UTF-8. It is apparently some
standard Gnome recommendation/rule, but still...

--Per