pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] invalid email address error

From: Steven D'Aprano
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] invalid email address error
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 09:55:36 +1000

On Tue, Sep 06, 2022 at 07:07:45AM -0400, seth hurst wrote:
> I'm not sure how to fix this error. I tryed reinstalling pan

Reinstalling should not be the *first* thing you try to fix software
problems -- especially not when the installation was working fine and
then stopped working. Reinstalling is more like the last resort, when
everything else fails, not the first.

> and even
> changed my email address several times but I'm still getting the same
> error. I normaly use seth@home.sethhurst.com witch does not point to
> anything. The home.sethhurst.com is the address of my home desktop. I
> just now got that error this morning.

It is hard to help when you don't tell us what the error you are getting
is. What is the error, *exactly*, not paraphrased, and what were you
doing when it occurred?

I don't think this mailing list accepts attachments, so you will have to
copy and paste the text of the error message into your reply. If it
can't be copied, you will have to re-type it. Carefully and
*accurately*.

If all else fails, you can take a screen shot, upload it to an image
hosting site, and post the URL here. But it would be much better to
include the text of the error message in your reply, as text, and of
course we still need to know the circumstances of how and when you got
the error.

--
Steve