pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Moving between panes ...

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Moving between panes ...
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 19:56:15 -0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:43:11 +0300 (EEST), Kinji Kameda via Pan-users
wrote:

> Oh. Same version here ... and now that I have tested this a bit more I
> do see that TAB does move between panes, but behaviour is rather
> peculiar (at least for me) ... When moving from the headers down to the
> body pane headers information gets highlighted, Subject-From-etc., and I
> have to press down key three times before the content of the article
> scroll down. PgDwn doesn't do anything, which was why I thought it
> doesn't move to the body pane. Before I have scrolled with down key that
> is.
>
> Also I have to press several times up or down in the groups pane to get
> the highlighting to move.
>
> So yes. TAB does move between the panes but the behaviour is weird, at
> least for me.

I think the first press of the 'down' button moves from the headers to the
body pane.  It may be that more than 2 presses is needed if there are
additional headers and the view is collapsed (but don't know for sure).

> Any way to do keybindings that will straigh focus on the content of the
> body and headers and group, so I can just press them to move around?

There should be default keybindings to switch tabs, but it does seem that
doing so switches it from the 3-pane view to a single view (which you can
open multiple tabs for - one tab for each of the panes).  Have a look
under the "View"->"Layout" menu.

--
 Jim Henderson