pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] The recent git merges broke pan's build for me, culprit

From: Dominique Dumont
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] The recent git merges broke pan's build for me, culprit 18f92b133
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 19:28:09 +0200

Hi

Thanks, Duncan, for the detail analysis.

On Monday, 19 September 2022 07:59:30 CEST Duncan wrote:
> I'm compiling using gcc-12.2.0 on gentoo ~amd64.
> Looks like iconv_t is defined by /usr/include/iconv.h, which is from glibc
> so it's pretty basic. Today's update did include a glibc update, to
> glibc-2.35-r10 (a gentoo-revision update from the previous -r8, seems I
> skipped -r9), but I did confirm that my previously installed git 7771e5655
> still built against the new glibc, as did the immediately pre-culprit
> commit 503708583, so indeed the culprit is 18f92b133.

Thomas, this failure occur when pan is compiled without gmime crypto.

The commit pointed by Duncan updates pan/usenet-utils/gpg.h with:

 #ifndef _HAVE_GPGDEFS_H
 #define _HAVE_GPGDEFS_H

+#include <config.h>
+
+#ifdef HAVE_GMIME_CRYPTO
+
 #include <gmime/gmime.h>
 #include <map>
 #include <vector>

-#ifdef HAVE_GMIME_CRYPTO
-

Was there any reason to move up the #ifdef line ?

All the best