paparazzi-devel

Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IR tuning method?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IR tuning method?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 22:32:59 GMT

You can't tune the IR accurately on the ground.  Just get it kinda close and
then tune it in the air.  The roll neutral is easy to tune, for roll angles you
can put the plane in a circle and look at the static error in the diameter,
adjusting until the plane averages the correct diameter.  Pitch neutral and
angles are not really possible to tune easily, you may need to iterate.  If
your plane has strong roll stability you would ideally need to implement a roll
feed forward term prior to this tuning.  The tuning is somewhat weather
dependent so don't worry about trying to get it perfect.

Save on Cell Phones. Click Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3nRN1fAlZqu55P7mPB518uNa9sc3YbQRo6EISSw7EqA4gUZn/?count=1234567890

I am wondering if anyone has a more efficient way of tuning the IR sensors? Currently i work out in a field with no man made objects so what i do is I set the plane at certain angles and try to change the 360_lat and long values along with the neutrals to get the measured value... Now what i am wondering is if there is an easier or faster way to get accurate attitude values.  Keep in mind i am not using a gyro at the moment