paparazzi-devel

Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Incorrect Battery Level

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Incorrect Battery Level
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 17:51:04 +0200

Hi Reto,

by default the scaling factor for the tiny2.11 is defined in
conf/autopilot/tiny_2_1_1.h:
#define DefaultVoltageOfAdc(adc) (0.0247311828*adc)

This factor can be computed like this:
      reference_voltage / adc_max_value * (R1 + R2)/R2
R1 and R2 make up the voltage divider to measure Vbat.
So for the Tiny2.11 we have
      3.3/1023 * 11.5/1.5 = 0.0247311828

So maybe you have different values for R1 (10k) and R2 (1.5k)?
Due to the tolerance of the resistors the factor will be slightly different....
If you want to be precise you might want to set this factor a for your
specific board in your airframe file as you did.

Cheers, Felix