paparazzi-devel

[Paparazzi-devel] Navigation Source Code Conflicts

From: Matthew Plymale
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Navigation Source Code Conflicts
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 23:09:25 -0500

My team is using paparazzi to fly a quadrotor vehicle (Booz board) and we are having trouble with our flight plan. When we compile, there are many errors relating to redefinitions of navigation-related functions (such as WaypointX and so on). This results from having two or more copies of navigation code, in the firmwares/rotorcraft directory (navigation.h) as well as in the subsystems directory (nav.h) and subsystems/navigation directory (common_nav.h).
1) Why are there three apparantly conflicting copies of navigation codes around?
2) Which one should I be using?
3) How would I select which navigation code to use?
I browsed the wiki and found this beautiful nugget: "Beware, this code is kinda bad/ugly and should be replaced/improved!" http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Rotorcraft_Configuration
Any help straightening this out is greatly appreciated
--
Matthew Plymale
Concordia University Computer Engineering