paparazzi-devel

Re: [Paparazzi-devel] need help with long range telemetry

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] need help with long range telemetry
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:34:01 +0100

What type of budget are you looking at?  If it's not in the £10K+ range:

In the UK, I'd use mobile phone equipment - GPRS is sufficient for data,
but if you need video it'd need to be 3G.
Here's a GPRS module
http://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=503&osCsid=0c10fc3748ace57136e66127c1795178
This assumes you fly somewhere with a reasonable mobile signal.

An XBee 868 will do 80km with high gain antennae, you could drop a small relay station package halfway along your flight (just another 868 in repeater mode).
It wouldn't work with video though.

--G

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:57:15 +0100, Benard Okumu <address@hidden>