paparazzi-devel

Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: ivy-python in squeeze

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: ivy-python in squeeze
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 16:14:51 +1000

Hi Felix,

the ivy-python package from lenny
(http://paparazzi.enac.fr/debian/dists/lenny/main/binary-i386/ivy-python_2.1-2~ppa4_all.deb)
did install for me on squeeze, and I built paparazzi OK with it, but I
got an error when I tried to use the Messages (python) and Settings
(python) tools. I think this is because I have a locally built python
2.7 installed, with a little tickle it all worked.

This is what I did:
 * remove my dummy package ivy-python-dummy (and paparazzi-dev with it),
 * install the ivy-python package from lenny (no complaints)
 * re-install paparazzi-dev (OK)
 * make clean, make (from quite recent sources, OK)
 * fire up paparazzi center, make clean, make (sim target, OK)
 * start sim session (OK)
 * start a python messages tool (error!)

The feedback in paparazzi center was:

-------------------------------------
Run
'/home/chris/src/paparazzi_git/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/python/messages_app/messagesapp.py
'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/chris/src/paparazzi_git/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/python/messages_app/message
-------------------------------------

It often seems to chop the end o

I tried it manually like this:
-------------------------------------
address@hidden:~$ export PAPARAZZI_HOME=src/paparazzi_git/paparazzi
address@hidden:~$
src/paparazzi_git/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/python/messages_app/messagesapp.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/chris/src/paparazzi_git/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/python/messages_app/messagesapp.py",
line 3, in <module>
    import wx
ImportError: No module named wx
-------------------------------------

Indeed, I have no wx:
-------------------------------
address@hidden:~$ python
Python 2.7.1 (r271:86832, Mar 25 2011, 12:04:49)
[GCC 4.4.5] on linux2
>>> import wx
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named wx

Changed the first line of
src/paparazzi_git/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/python/messages_app/messagesapp.py
to read "#!/usr/bin/python2.6", and it worked.

Not sure if that's quite a conclusive validation of lenny's ivy-python
package in squeeze. I expect to have a totally clean squeeze box next
week and will try again then, I don't want remove python 2.7 from this
one at the moment (I need it for a bunch of virtualenvs I'm working
in).

Chris Gough