paparazzi-devel

Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Questions about stability of lisa-l in quad rotor

From: Sergey Krukowski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Questions about stability of lisa-l in quad rotor
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:42:28 +0100

Hallo!

If you haven’t yet really chosen which board to use, there is a feature list of all autopilots on the following site:

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Category:Autopilots

Imho, in the heigh-weight multirotor application the main problem is to have a really stable motor control, which means a reliable ESC and its control bus. In that way I wouldn’t recommend to use I2C motor controllers, when you have more than 6 rotors. The I2C bus is very sensible to any hardware problems (bad connection, long wires, ESC problems).

Regards,

Sergey