paragui-dev

Re: [paragui-dev] Ellipse Function?

From: Andrew Ford
Subject: Re: [paragui-dev] Ellipse Function?
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 15:17:49 -0700 (PDT)

You'll have to add it yourself.  Hmm... ellipse
drawing algorithms...  I'm sure you can find some on
the web.  You may even be able to adapt an
anti-aliased line-drawing algorithm for the ellipse.

(x^2 / a) + (y^2 / b) = 1

the slope is dy/dx.

y ^ 2 = b - b/a x^2

2y dy/dx = -2bx/a

dy/dx = - bx/ay (if I didn't screw something up)

okay, so your slope at (x,y) is -bx/ay

Perhaps you could use this slope with bresenham's
algorithm, I think there's an anti-aliased bresenham
around somewhere...

Andrew