paragui-dev

[paragui-dev] paraconfig_xxx

From: Asko Kauppi
Subject: [paragui-dev] paraconfig_xxx
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:35:12 +0300

I'd like to point your attention to the include/paraconfig_xxx.h header files.

I do like the idea of having all configuration info gathered in one place. It's fine. However, there are some bugs (well, one at least :) and generally too much unnecessary craft. Can you please do a tidy-up of those files, they're critical for developers to see how many 'bells and whistles' there are to deal with.

Some issues:

- paraconfig_win32.h has 'UNICODE_ENABLED' but it should be 'ENABLE_UNICODE'. This is possibly some old leftover no-one's realized?

- Unnecessary items. There's lots of them, I'll attach a stripped-down version where I've left the ones that (by 'grep -r') seem to be really used. You wouldn't use this one, of course, but rather edit the .in file. :)

- It would be welcome for people like me (doing their own build system, but using unmodified CVS code) if the configuration header file's name could be overridden by a /D flag. This works very well for Lua, and only requires a couple of lines in paragui.h (before reading in the default config files).

        #ifdef PARACONFIG_H
          #include PARACONFIG_H
    #else
      ...the current stuff