perlpanel-devel

[Perlpanel-devel] updated BatteryMonitor now supports the sysfs ACPI int

From: David Lazăr
Subject: [Perlpanel-devel] updated BatteryMonitor now supports the sysfs ACPI interface
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 23:22:28 +0200

Hi,

The attached patch adds support for the "/sys/class/power_supply" ACPI
inteface to BatteryMonitor.  This was necessary since recent Debian
kernels don't support the old "/proc/acpi" interface anymore.

In the process of adding this feature, I've noticed that
BatteryMonitor.pm had gotten quite hacky, so I rewrote the whole
thing.  I believe the new code supports all the interfaces the
previous code did.  For ease of reviewing, I've attached the rewritten
file too.

Please let me know if you see any problems with the code.  If there
are no major issues, it would be great if this patch got included in
the next PerlPanel release.

Thanks,
-=[david]=-