pewit-dev

Re: [Pewit-dev] Changelog

From: Michael Renzmann
Subject: Re: [Pewit-dev] Changelog
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:51:13 +0200

Hi.

Yoshinori Okuji wrote:
This questions targets on: should the fixed bugs be mentioned one by
one, compressed ("fixed bugs #5506, #5510, #5527") or not at all?
I prefer one by one.

Ok, then I'll submit changes to this file later on. Should I also include a short description of the bugs that have been fixed, or is it enough to point to their bugtracker id?

At the moment, I make PEWIT according to the GNU Coding Standards, such as the C coding style and file organizations. It is because I'm very used to the standards and I think they are not bad. So I make the file ChangeLog, which is a requirement of GNU.

But, as this project is not GNU, we have no obligation to follow all of the standards. Thus let me know, if you think it is bad to keep maintaining ChangeLog manually.

I think that a manually maintained changelog is fine - in fact that's what I'm used to, and it gives you better ways to document things that need a closer description.

I'll also submit CVS changes along with a short description, which gives a better overview in the CVS tree I think.

Bye, Mike