Re: [Phpgroupware-users] RE: Downloading CVS Qs

From: Bob Purdon
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] RE: Downloading CVS Qs
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:46:21 +1100

> > I'm getting that impression too - not helped by the project seemingly
> > being half way between two homes, and bits still split between the
> > two.
>
> I've been running phpGroupWare (stable or currently 0.9.12) for about 9
> months

0.9.12 is what I'm using, but there's some features in the later CVS
releases that I'd like to be using, and some features that I'll be
suggesting shortly (I'm slowly compiling a list of small tweaks that
would be useful).

> > I think 0.9.12 is the stable version, but I could be wrong.  It's
> > certainly what I'm running here and the features I want to use
> > seem stable enough.
>
> 0.9.12 is the current stable version - runs fine for me.  The
> 0.9.12-branch in cvs has a few bug fixes in which are worth grabbing.

I'll have to take a peek at that.

> > I dumped the data to a new database and ran the setup through, but
> > some of the applications (including phpgwapi) showed by broken.  When I
> > tried to fix those, even more broke.  I guess the upgrade doesn't work.  I
> > know
> > it's still in a state of development, but it was a little disappointing to
> > see it break so badly.
>
> The cvs development branch may well be broken - it don't use it for that
> reason.

Yeah, I realise that - I was just suprised to see it *so* broken - or at
least with the upgrade as it happened here.  A clean install worked
pretty much OK though, so I could at least get a proper feel for it.

I'm just hanging out for a new stable release so that I can cleanly
migrate my data and take advantage of the new features :-)