[Phpgroupware-users] ldap problems

From: Korbinian Schmid
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] ldap problems
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 19:14:58 +0200 (MEST)

i hope you can help me. i installed my openldap2 server and everything seems
to work fine. but i can't use it with phpgroupware. i always get the
message:

Warning: LDAP: Unable to bind to server: Invalid credentials in
/home/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.common.inc.php on line 264
Error: Can't bind to LDAP server: cn=Manager,dc=intra,dc=net!

i specified cn=Manager,dc=intra,dc=net as rootdn and test as passwd in the
configuration file

here's my slapd.conf

#
# slapd.conf
#
#
# General Paramters
include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/phpgwaccount.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/phpgwcontact.schema
#
#
pidfile /var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile /var/run/slapd.args
#
database ldbm
cachesize 1000
dbcachesize 100000
suffix "dc=intra,dc=net"
#
rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=intra,dc=net"
rootpw test
#
directory /var/lib/ldap
#
#i know it's dangerous, just for test purpose
defaultaccess write
#
index objectClass eq

is it that i must have a md5 or des hash (how can i create such) in the
slapd.conf? would be nice if you could help me.

CU Korbi

http://www.gmx.net