Re: [Phpgroupware-users] 0.9.14RC4 much slower

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] 0.9.14RC4 much slower
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:12:06 +0000

Changing from a remote time server to a local one saved a second.  Changing
line 59
to the following saved another second.
>if(!$this->gmtnow &&
>address@hidden($GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['server']['tz_offset']))
>and change it to
>if(false)
>to disble the time server sync check.

Now it takes 2 seconds to open mail or addressbook and 4 seconds to open
calendar.

My server is a dual PIII 933 with 3/4 gig ram and mirrored IDE drives.  There
aren't
many users.

I'm building a server for a client that is dual 1.1 G PIII with 1 gig ram and
mirrored SCSI drives.  It's 2 seconds to open anything.  That's with or without
the fix.