[Phpgroupware-users] Phpgroupware RC4 + CK-Ledger

From: C K Wu
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Phpgroupware RC4 + CK-Ledger
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:12:41 +0800

Hello, folks,

I have installed phpgroupware RC4 and tested it against ck-ledger
(v.0.1.3 + subsequent enhancement).

After initial login, there was an error message above the phpgroupware
display, which read,

Warning:  Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in
/var/www/html/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.network.inc.php on line 81

[probably due to my firewall settings]

I, then, followed Chris Weiss' hack, in suppressing the timeserver sync,
ie,

within ..../phpgwapi/inc/class.datetime.inc.php,

commented out the line,   if (!$this->gmtnow &&
address@hidden($GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['server']['tz_offset']))

and added below it,         if (false)

Everything went back to normal from then on, and all features of
ck-ledger functioned as previously.
All the while, register_globals was set to off.  [However, a word of
caution, though, while phpgwapi +
ck-ledger work with register_globals=off, other modules of phpgroupware
may not.]

I like to add my support to parameterising the timeserver sync so the
user can set it to 'on' or 'off' and
to choose which timerserver to use.

Cheers,
Wu Chiu Kay, aka CK Wu, aka CK (CK is the preferred alias)
Hong Kong