[Phpgroupware-users] A bounch of question for phpgroupware...

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] A bounch of question for phpgroupware...
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:44:04 +0200

I'm trying to install a phpgroupware server for an intranet. My goal
for now are to make available a calendar and addressbook for my users.
The network is a mixed one, but account reside in a NT 4.0 PDC, so for
now i'm using this as a centralized account repository.
But i want switch to LDAP sooner or later.

I'm using debian woody official package of phpgroupware, version
0.9.13.018 on a intel IA32 HW.

I summarize some problem.

1) php4 session.

If i enable php4 session i see:

Warning: open(0/sess_c228604349ed94db6c49cba480c60b2b, O_RDWR) failed: No such
file or directory (2) in
/usr/share/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.sessions_php4.inc.php on line 771
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at
/usr/share/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.sessions_php4.inc.php:771) in
/usr/share/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.phpgw.inc.php on line 138
Warning: open(0/sess_c228604349ed94db6c49cba480c60b2b, O_RDWR) failed: No such
file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current
setting of session.save_path is correct (0) in Unknown on line 0

Ok, but if i look for session.save_path it is correctly set to /tmp.
More, if i look for phpinfo() i see:

  session
  Session Support enabled
  Directive             Local Value     Master Value
  [...]
  session.save_path     0               /tmp
  [...]

i don't know the difference from Local Value to Master Value in php,
but clearly a valie of ``0'' for a path i's not correct! ;)

In this system /tmp is a link to /var/tmp (soft link, different FS),
could be this?!

2) PhoneLog miss

I've installed phonelog application from debian package, and files are
there:

  curtesan:~# dpkg -l | grep phpgroupware
  [...]
  ii  phpgroupware-p 0.9.14-0.RC3.2 The phpGroupWare phone logging module

but application doesn't appear in

        http://www.pp.lnf.it/phpgroupware/setup/applications.php

application setup list, so i cannot install in phpgw environment.

3) LDAP

As i say i've followed the readme an installed the schema file in
/etc/ldap/schema/ dir [for debian mantainer, i've found this file in
phpgroupware-api-docs package, why not put in correct places?], and
installed and configured slapd.

But i cannot even test it because every time i try to use LDAP (hem,
contacts, so pratically all application) an error bounced up:

  Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ldap_connect() in
  /usr/share/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.common.inc.php on line 250

What i've forgot to install?! ;)
[hem, i cannot ever log on, i've solved explicity pointing to
/admin/... fiiu... ]

4) Using LDAP for contacts...

I've found in setup page for contacts a disclaimer that i can use LDAP
for contacts only if i don't use LDAP for authentication.
For now i'm using NTDC for authentication, but i've not understood why
this disclaimer... i cannot simply define more database (hem,
directory), one for accounts and one for addressbook?!

I think i need to understand more LDAP... ;)))

Ok, for now suffices, good weekend to all.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

                        NO al super tributo alla SIAE!
 http://www.edisport.it/edisport/afdigitale/petizione.nsf/main?openframeset