Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Can NOT get calendar update notification by E-

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Can NOT get calendar update notification by E-Mail.
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 16:39:13 +1000

Michael,

Thanks for the info.  Please post responses to the list.  Even tho I am
trying to help you, there are other who may be experiencing this
problem and/or have a solution for it.

Back to the problem.

Michael <address@hidden> wrote:

> 0. Well, it is true I checked the " Use custom settings " in
> phpGroupWare (version 0.9.14.000)EMail
> Preference.  and " Email Account Name" is "michael";
>
> 1. In our Lab, phpGroupWare is installed on one machine while Mail
> server installed on another one.
>
> 2. On phpGroupWare host, there is only one normal user account called
> "michael"; on Mail server host, there are "michael" and many other
> useraccounts.
>
> 3. On phpGroupWare host, I logged in as "michael" then run cmdline
> "mail", but didn't find any msg about phpGroupWare.

Ok ... i just wasn't sure how the calendar setup worked with custom
setting and notifications.  It looks like this blows my theory out of
the water :(

> 4. With current setting, I can both send and receive mail; but if I
> uncheck the " Use custom settings ", phpGroupWare host will not be
> ableto connect to Mail server.
>
> Shall I modify any Calendar preference?

You do have the calendar pref set to on for notify??