[Phpgroupware-users] Email problems

From: Barry Eriksen
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Email problems
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:42:20 -0400

Just installed and having several problems.  The most troubling is that I
can't get Felimamail or even the regular email application to work
(properly). I'm running WinXPPro, Apache2 and PHP4.2.3 and latest release of
phpGroupWare (0.9.14.000RC4).

I'm using Mercury32 as my imap server and know that the server works fine
(e.g., I have installed Squirrelmail separately and it works flawlessly and
can also use the imap server fine from an Outlook client).

When I run Felimamail I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imap_utf7_encode() in c:\program
files\apache
group\apache2\htdocs\phpgroupware\felamimail\inc\class.bofelamimail.inc.php
on line 47

I've set the mail server type to UWASH (actually tried all the options). At
one point I tried the utf7 encoding option in the "email" app, but took that
off and it didn't make a difference with regard to the Felimamail error
above.

In the regular "email" application, I can see my folders from the IMAP
server and I can send mail, but I can't see any individual emails in the
INBOX and in my SENT ITEMS and TRASH folders, I get a count of email items
but can't actually see them. Instead I see the current date/time (actually
the current time plus 3 hours -- maybe GMT?) listed for each email item and
the "from" column shows simply "@" and the subject column shows "No subject"
(for all items in the list). When click an item to view it I see the same
deficient information and no message body at all.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Barry Eriksen
address@hidden