[Phpgroupware-users] LDAP: new problem, database corruption???

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP: new problem, database corruption???
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 23:21:02 -0700

Well, I thought I was smooth sailing.  I'm now able to modify existing ldap
accounts, can give myself admin privs, and was starting to configure the
default and forced user preferences.  All of a sudden, I ended up with this
error.

---- 8< ----
Fatal Error: It appears that you have not created the database tables for
phpGroupWare. Click here to run setup.
---- 8< ----

When I click the link I'm taken to the configure screen with the following
messages:

---- 8< ----
Your Database is not working!
Make sure that your database is created and the account permissions are set.

Instructions for creating the database in PostgreSQL:
Start the postmaster
address@hidden user]# postmaster -i -D /home/[username]/[dataDir]
Create the empty database -
address@hidden user]# createdb phpgroupware
Or we can attempt to create the database for you:
---- 8< ----

If I click "Re-Check my database", all is well again.  Well sometimes.  I just
noticed that sometimes I end up looping on this page but eventually it thinks
all is ok again.

I've also noticed that the link to run setup in the message above sometimes
points to https://192.168.10.200/iwww2/preferences/setup/ (iwww2 is an alias
to my phpgw root).  This produces a Forbidden error and is logged in apache's
error log as follows:

Directory index forbidden by rule:
/mnt/data/www/phpgroupware-0.9.14.002/preferences/setup/

Auto creation of indexes is forbidden in my configuration and there is no
index file in this directory.

Any thoughts?

...Izzy