[Phpgroupware-users] [Phpgroupware-developers] Structure - Progress Repo

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] [Phpgroupware-developers] Structure - Progress Report
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 19:47:02 +1000

Hi all,

Just an update on what is happening with the the outcome of the
discussions about the project structure a couple of weeks ago.

Structure
As far as I am aware the project structure has been agreed.  Now
position discriptions need to be written.  These should be on the wiki
for comment shortly.  If you are listed as a contributor on savannah and
don't have wiki write access, email me off list or catch me on freenode
and I will add you.

Copyright Assignment (I was down to chase this up)
I have been discussing the issue with the FSF.  There are just a couple
of logistical issues to be resolved.  Hopefully by the end of the week
you will have a link to download the paperwork  - so much for the
paperless office ;)

Server Change (seek3r to chase up)
I am aware that Dan has been discussing the matter with the FSF.  We
both hope the transition can be as smooth as possible.  I am sure you
will all be notified before the change is to occur.

Elections
Once the processes, PDs are agreed and polls works with sitemgr the
elections can take place.  I plan on spending some time on these issues
this week.

0.9.16 Release
>From the discussions I have had with most contributors, the 0.9.16RC1
will not be released until it is signed off by newly elected
Coordination Team.  This is allowing tweaks, and pre RC testing to be
conducted.

My Future Role
After some thought and discssion with various people I have decided to
run in the CT elections.  My initial reason for deciding not to stand
was the potential problems that could be caused by conflict between Dan
and myself.  I now feel that this will not be an issue.

Thanks to all of you for participating in this process, and the short
term disruption this has caused.

Cheers

Dave