[Phpgroupware-users] Re: PGW HELP Please

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: PGW HELP Please
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 11:10:45 +0000 (GMT)

Brian Connolly <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I hope this isn't intrusive.  I need help with phpgroupware fast.
> Time is a
> critical factor.

It is a little, and I am currently holidaying in Europe, but I will give
you a breif response here.  I have CC'd this to the list so all can read it.

Also HTML mail is *very* annoying.  Please set me and the list as Plain
Text only - M$ LookOut has an option somewhere for this.

> I am just trying to set up phpgroupware and I am getting a few
> errors.  I
> think (I hope) it is something minor.

Most things are.

> Here are the issues:
>
> 1. Email application.  Go to administration (upper left) and then
> email site
> configuration.  After inserting the fields, upon save I get
> "Database error:
> lock(Array, write) failed. MySQL Error: 1044 (Access denied for user:
> 'address@hidden' to database 'literati_xmb2')."  Also I
> get a
> series of errors when trying to compose and send. [Note: late
> yesterday I
> called in the MySQL error.  Ipowerweb ref#030803-000679]

Did you GRANT ALL ON phpgroupware.* TO someuser IDENTIFIED BY
'somelongpasswordiwillneverremember' ??  The phpgw db user *must* have
the ability to lock the database.

> 2. Info log application.  When I go to attach a file, upload and
> save I get
> a few errors.  These include "Warning:
> mkdir(/workstation/files/infolog): No
> such file or directory in
> /home/literati/public_html/workstation/infolog/inc/class.vfs.inc.php
on line
> 1783 vfs_sql.mkdir('/infolog','Array'), cant
> mkdir('/workstation/files/infolog'" and "Warning:
> copy(/workstation/files/infolog/4/RGH core convictions.doc): failed
> to open
> stream: No such file or directory in
> /home/literati/public_html/workstation/infolog/inc/class.vfs.inc.php
on line
> 1376."

Your vfs path has bad perms - try this:
cd /path/to/files_dir
chmod -R 770 .
chown -R nobody:nobody .

I don't know distro you are running so you may have to change the
username to whatever apache runs as.

> 3. Image editor application.  Upload file, system response: "Warning:
> copy(/home/literati/public_html/workstation/img/images/logo.jpg):
> failed to
> open stream: No such file or directory in
> /home/literati/public_html/workstation/img/inc/class.img.inc.php on
> line165;" "Warning:

copy(/home/literati/public_html/workstation/img/images/phpgwimg_97803.jpg):
> failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
> /home/literati/public_html/workstation/img/inc/class.img.inc.php on
> line165;" and "Warning:
> getimagesize(/home/literati/public_html//workstation/img/images/logo.jpg):
> failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
> /home/literati/public_html/workstation/img/inc/class.uiimg.inc.php
> on line
> 237."

Same as infolog, but different dir

> 4. Lastly, in admin when I go to add user groups: "Database error:
> lock(Array, write) failed. MySQL Error: 1044 (Access denied for user:
> 'address@hidden' to database 'literati_xmb2').  Session
> halted.

DB locking perms again.