Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Anouncement: eGroupWare fork of phpGroupWare

From: R B
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Anouncement: eGroupWare fork of phpGroupWare
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:10:46 +1000 (EST)

G'day,
    It's good to have varieties but I hope
phpgroupware &  egroupware are not going to turn into
phpnuke/postnuke/evolution/etc with apps having
problem   working in each other. The developers are
having nightmares trying to write code to conform to
all of them (well at least the major forks anyway). To
the users, there are not much different between them.
Just bugs are slower at getting fixed due to scattered
of resources.
   I wish phpgroupware/egroupware will not have that
sort of problem.
   As a normal user, I would like to make a suggestion
(even it may seem stupid). Maybe I've been missing the
point but from what I've seen is that phpgroupware and
egroupware have two different business model.
Technically, the two are still the same - ie. the
underlying architecture is still the same - then why
not have a central group that coordinate the
developement of the core structure, much like the
Linux Kernel.

Regards,

Robert Bui

 --- SI Reasoning <address@hidden> wrote: > It
would be wonderful for those of us caught in the

http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search