[Phpgroupware-users] 0.9.16 update

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] 0.9.16 update
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:33:12 +1000

Hi all,

Just a heads up on 0.9.16.  RC2 will be out shortly.  We have held back
RC2 to make sure most of the bugs are out of it.  The Step One crew and
our testers have been working very hard on finding and fixing problems.

The apps included in RC2 will change slightly.  Here is the run down:

Brewer - removed
a uninstaller is retained so you can use setup to remove it from your
install.  This app was meant to be removed from RC1, but was missed

Image Editor - removed
a uninstaller is retained so you can use setup to remove it from your
install.  This app is broken and unmaintained.  We recommend you use the
patchwork app from the funkwerk project instead, it is designed to run
in phpGW.  See http://sf.net/projects/funkwerk for more info

JavaSSH - added
JavaSSH is a java based SSH1 client which can be started within phpgw.
This was meant to be in RC1, but some fool (read me) stuffed up the
build.  The development of this module was sponsored by
http://www.abcsinc.com

Forum app - added
We are getting a new forum app, I can't say too much at the moment, but
someone has almost finished porting a new forum app to phpgw.  Depending
on when it will be ready, we will include it in RC2 or as a unsupported
download from our website.

There are a couple of other apps which need a round of testing before we
decide if they will be in or out.

We hope to get a stable RC2 to you soon, please be patient.  All going
well the RC2 release cycle will be a lot shorter than the RC1 cycle.  If
you are testing a RC please run daily cvs updates and also run an update
to before logging a bug - things are getting fix pretty quickly.

Thanks again to all or contributors who are working hard on getting
0.9.16 ready.

Cheers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)