Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Account and Contact sync

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Account and Contact sync
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:34:58 +0100

Hi Peter,

Peter Neal <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to undo the account-Contact sync of the
> Addressbook as
> I dont want user accounts listed in the addressbook and viewable by
> everyuser.  Is it just a case of deleting the entries from the
> database manually or
> what?

The new accounts/contacts in 0.9.16 requires a contacts entry to be
linked to a user account.  This is something many users wanted for a
long time.

If you do not what those entries available to all users, there is an
admin option, "address master" (iirc), you set who owns the accounts
linked contacts.  Just create a new user "hidden", and create a group of
the same name.  Then just make that user the addressbook master.  Then
simply grant the "sys admin" group access to the "hidden" user's contacts.

btw this is a guess, I quite like the new linking so have no need to
hide the records.

> I have asked before so sorry but has the Registration Application been
> modified to work, I've tried to alter it myself but to no avail as
> my php
> knowledge is not very good.

We will try to get it running properly for 0.9.16 final.

Cheers

Dave