Re: [Phpgroupware-users] rc3 demo-installation at http://de.demos.phpgro

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] rc3 demo-installation at http://de.demos.phpgroupware.org
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:02:49 +0000

Marcus Frischherz (address@hidden) wrote:
> I filed this already 11/24/03 as bug #6739, and it is still open. This
> kind of surprises me. Do phpgw developpers expect that everyone cleans
> out their database when upgrading the versions?

consider the possibility that you're the only one with the problem, possibly
due do some user data in the prefs causing the prefs update to not work
cleanly.  Please check your original prefs table for data that might not be
escaping properly or is too long to fit into the new table structure.  Or, if
possible, dump the table and clean any sensitive data out, replacing with X's
to keep the data the same length (serialization cares about length), but leave
in anything that's not plain ol' letters and numbers.  This way someone can
run it in debug and hopefully figure out what's causing it to fail.