[Phpgroupware-users] New beta version of news_admin

From: Dave Hall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] New beta version of news_admin
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 15:10:04 +1000

Hi all,

I have committed a new version of news_admin to HEAD.  It involves no db
changes so it is a pretty easy upgrade.

The features of the new app:

* WYSIWYG editor for news items (using FCKeditor.net)
* New email newsletter builder - spam the world
* Some little fixes here and there

What it lacks:
* ACL support for newsletter builder
* User/admin docs - coming soon :)
* Updated lang files

How to install it:
* cd /path/to/phpgroupware
* mv news_admin news_admin16
* cvs co news_admin
* Fill in Admin->News Admin->Site Config
  - for the URL
    - **id** is replaced by the news item id (hint sitemgr news block)
    - **title** is replaced by a mangled version of the item title

This version is a beta.  I will provide support and assistance where
possible, but I don't make any promises.  If it causes you to damage
anything, whoops, but not my fault :P

The development of this module has a been sponsored by a client of mine,
more info on the sponsorship will be made available in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Dave
--
Dave Hall (aka skwashd)