[Phpgroupware-users] Palm sync / Calendar popups

From: Charles Martin
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Palm sync / Calendar popups
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:57:12 -0500

Hi all !

Seems like, once users get a taste of something, they always want more ;-) Anyways, I'd like to know the status of pda synchronisation with phpgw. I searched the archives and most discussions seems to date back to 2003 so I'm curious as to where this technology is at. For now, they're using Palms but, being an office supply company, they could easily switch to Blackberry etc. if it would make it easier/faster to develop. (Phpgw is hosted on an external machine that we have no control on software installs etc.)

Also, they would like to be able to use the calendar app ala outlook, by which they mean keeping that calendar window opened and it would pop them alerts as events passes... I guess this shouldn't be that hard to build with javascript timers and the like but I'd like to know if any such thing already exists somewhere in the code tree.

Thanks alot guys !

--

Charles Martin  Programmeur analyste
819.378.4242    *acolyte*communication.com