Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems with AddressBook

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems with AddressBook
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 23:50:04 +1100

On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 12:59 +0200, Yossi Natanson wrote:
> to be honest, I'm not sure I give the right answers (did I mention I'm
> an old fool?) but at least I'm trying :-)

You got 2 out of the 3 right, but then lost marks for sending large
emails to the list :)  See inline for more info.

> Dave Hall wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 10:23 +0200, Yossi Natanson wrote:
> >
> >> I'm new to phpgroupware, so maybe there are simple answers to my questions:
> >>
> >> 1- I try to create a new entry or edit existing one, when I click the
> >> "Save" I get a blank screen. The data is stored but I have to "play"
> >> with the "back" bottom etc.
> >
> > In which application? have you checked your httpd error logs?
> >

> In AddressBook, I thought the subject said it. Attached the error log I
> downloaded from cpanel, I think the last lines is what you are asking for

You have sent your access log to the list.  I wanted this off list,
sorry for not being clearer.  Can you please send me the error log,
direct not via the list.

> >> 2- I use Hebrew and was advised to use the utf-8 encoding. I works well
> >> with calendar, notes etc. But in the addressbook, the data is sotred OK
> >> (I think), but in the main (list) screen I see the data is strange
> >> (garbage?) fonts and not something I can read. Going to "edit" shows me
> >> the right data.
> >>

> > I was the one who gave you that advice. I suspect that the list view
> > isn't unescaping the values from the database.  Can you please send me a
> > raw dump of the  phpgw_contact_person off list?  I want to check the
> > data to make sure this is the problem.  Also send me a screenshot of the
> > garbage.
>
> attached the SQL, and both screenshots

These I really wanted off list.  I hope the phone number in the
screenshot isn't a real number or you might be getting some phone calls
from people who don't appreciate 650K+ messages from a mailing list :)

Cheers

Dave
--
Dave Hall (aka skwashd)