Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Database Config Issue

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Database Config Issue
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 15:28:26 -0600

On 2/2/07, K Black wrote:
If deleted and recreated the database many times, and have manually verified
the connection many times. I've also confirmed the PHP is compiled --with-mysql
and done about everthing I can think of, yet the install page does not see the
database connection.

with mysql, the easiest way is to first enter that username, password,
and database name you want to use, wheather any of the 3 exist or not.
Then, when you do the install table step, enter the root login (or
the login you normally use to create databases) and let setup make
sure the database gets created with the needed permissions.

if this fails, please post the error messages.  there's a lot that
could go wrong, but with no errors its nearly impossible to tell
exactly what.