phptest-users

[Phptest-users] modifications to phptest

From: Kathleen A. Ferraro
Subject: [Phptest-users] modifications to phptest
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:19:57 -0400

Hello everyone,

I've begun some modifications to phptest for a new project. If someone else has already made similar changes or has a need for a similarly modified version and would like to collaborate, please let me know.

1. Using the one question at a time option, provide feedback after each question is answered. Essentially, when they click the question's submit button, take them to the view_answers.php
feedback rather than the view_results.php list.

2. In the answer's table, replace the question, answer, and user_answers text data with numbers
corresponding to these fields in the questions table.

3. Move answer choices from the questions table to a separate answer_choices table.

4. Create an explanations table linked to the answer_choices table so that users get different feedback
depending on which answer they give.

5. Create some media (clips, stills, sounds) tables linked to answer_choices.

I've looked at some other quiz/test programs, both standalone applications and quiz components of course management systems. Several are structured as I describe but I find the phptest code to be much more intelligible and, therefore, easier to modify than anything else I've looked at.

Best,

Kathie

Kathleen A. Ferraro
Information Systems Architect
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
412.648.1099; address@hidden